Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Boom Boom Room Gifting Suite for the Golden Globes



















I had the honor of being invited to the children's gifting event, The Boom Boom Room 2009 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, last weekend. This exclusive event takes place 2 days prior to the Golden Globe's and is produced by Philanthropist and Celebrity style maven, Jayneoni Moore.


The event ran Friday & Saturday, January 11/12 from 11-6 each day and included a full list of celebrities and press. I was joined at the show by my LA representative & TWIG showroom owner, Becca Gillmore. We set up a table and a display showcasing some of the key pieces from Saurette's Spring 2009 collection as well as some specially made items exclusive to the attendees of the Boom Boom Room.

Throughout the 2 day event, Becca and I became more and more excited by the list of people stopping by. I had a great encounter with Kathy Hilton who was shopping for her nieces. She loved the pale blue embroidered babydoll top, but needed it in a size XS, which I did not have at the show. I told her I'd be happy to send it to her when I got back to NY and she replied "you promise"! I of course wouldn't pass up the chance to get my collection on some of her gorgeous family....I'll be sending that one and more!









I also had the pleasure of meeting actress Shirly Brener and her gorgeous and very stylish daughter, Mila. Shirly was in Righteous Kill with Robert DeNiro & Al Pacino and has several movies in post production at the moment. Shirly & I have been in contact since the show and I hope to be able to add Mila to my list of clients.



"hey there, i LOVE LOVE LOVE your stuff and it looks so great to Mila definately send whatever you like and i promise that next time Mila has a red carpet event i'll dress her in your clothes. Also Mila has been modeling since she was 6 months old and even has a national walmart commercial now running if you ever need her to shoot for you. Your stuff is beautiful and you are very talented, I think you will get far. I wish you made stuff my size!!! ..lol
warmest wishes, Shirly"


I also received a lovely note from Christie Lynn Smith of General Hospital (unfortunately, we forgot to take a photo. Perhaps she will send me one when she gets the blouse for her daughter).

"Dear Lisa-So great meeting you at the Boom Boom Room on Friday. I really love your line! Thank you so much for wanting to send Abby that adorable top!! Can't wait to put her in it! and the little tank is so cute! I really appreciate your kindness and all the best with your great company! Sincerely, Christie Lynn Smith"


Lots of other stories, and pics to come later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment