Friday, June 24, 2011

#92khrs Challenge-Mad Skills & The Ideal Job

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the #92khrs challenge I committed to.  Well, I missed week 2's post of my skill set (life is getting its way with me lately and I'm a bit behind). Now week 3's post about my ideal job is due.  So..... 

I've always been a hard worker.  Not sure if it was my parent's influence, the Mid-Western mentality (as some say), my entire family of factory workers and waitresses, or that trip to the grocery store with my "fiance" when I was 18 (yeah, I know...I wised up.) shopping in the discounted food section of bent cans and partially opened boxes (he was on welfare) that got me.  Something resonated with me for sure though. I decided early on, that I would work hard, make it TO & THROUGH college and move out of the poor neighborhood I grew up in. (that's my childhood house on the left)

I focused on business classes even back in high school.
Typing, accounting, and "computers" were three of my favorite subjects at the time.  So I guess I became pretty good at a few things that I consider my MAD SKILLS :
  • Project management
  • New product development ideas
  • Organizing
  • Attention to detail
  • Quality control
  • Follow-Up
  • Problem solving
  • Creative thinking
  • Strong negotiator
  • Reliable
  • Self-motivated
I've been able to use these strengths/skills to completely change my life and achieve what is for me pretty close to the IDEAL JOB DESCRIPTION;
  • Developing a lifestyle brand that offers modern products to hip parents
 

While that is it in very general terms, it means, going to work everyday to do something you love, something you believe in, something that makes a difference in some way.

I feel like I have been blessed in doing something that I love to do on a daily basis.  I wake up every morning excited to start my day (sometimes as early as 4:30am) and find it hard to shut down at night.  I suppose being an entrepreneur, those are just the side effects of the job.  You work 24/7 towards building your brand with a passion that is unbridled.   Constantly thinking of new ideas, networking and selling your brand to whom ever will listen.  The joy comes from the feedback and recognition you get that this "thing" that you're so damn impassioned with is of value to others too!

Imagine, Champion & Relish in your ideas!

xo
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment